Have you been interested in trying a Paleo diet to improve your health and weight? Maybe you have given it a shot but you weren’t positive where to start and ran into a few questions on different foods? Or even it was just difficult to stick with on a busy schedule? I wanted to create something to help people jump right in, get clear on what is and is not Paleo, and make it easier to stick with. I’ve been following a Paleo diet for seven years and it has definitely been difficult when my life got busy. I’ve gone through weeks where I had time to play around in the kitchen and some weeks where I’ve barley had time to defrost veggies, heat up left over chicken, and toss in a sauce. I’ve tried different ways of making it work, from prepping food ahead of time to carving out a specific time of the day to cook. Some have worked well at times, some have stuck with me, and some I’ve let drop. I’m still tweaking it and there are some days I end up having eggs right before bed or drink bone broth for lunch because I haven’t had a chance to put together anything else. Through all of this, I’ve seen the Paleo lifestyle becoming more ingrained in my life every day and hopefully I can help you jumpstart your journey into changing your life by laying out the ground work and adding a few tips that have worked well for me.
If you’re ready to take control of your health and weight with the Paleo diet, you can sign up to access my free video series here. It’s absolutely packed full of information, tips, and ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner to get you started and answer all your questions.
If you are still on the edge about trying a Paleo diet or aren’t sure that right now is the time here are some facts about the Paleo diet and why so many people have see such dramatic results:
- People get results. Plain and simple. You can view a ton of success stories here, here, and here just to start. They include things like “I lost 160 pounds,” 70 pounds lighter and medication free,” “I reversed my fatty liver disease before it was too late,” and “100lbs down and no asthma.” And these are real stories. When I do presentations, people come up to me to let me know that a Paleo diet has helped them with weight, asthma, IBS, IBD, sleep, energy, arthritis, acid reflux…the list goes on.
- This WILL change your life. You can increase your energy, improve your health, and truly feel in control of your body, your weight, and your wellness. The Paleo diet provides a framework for regaining all of that.
- The Paleo diet is NOT a fad diet. The diet is based on how humans ate for over 3 million years. What we think of as a traditional diet that includes grains is only about 10,000 years old–not long enough for us to actually adapt to eating grains. Our modern diet, high in grains and low in fat is very different than our normal diet and has only been around for a few decades…the same time period that we’ve seen declining health and increasing body fat!
- The modern high carb, low fat diet is NOT based on strong scientific evidence. The government’s recommendation is based on suggestions from research that was done by a select group of researchers who studied large populations and drew conclusions off of samples of what the populations ate. It seems reasonable until you start digging through and find how many things were uncontrolled that impacted the results. For instance, the Greek diet data that contributed to Ancel Key’s original recommendation to lower fat and increase carbohydrates was collected during Lent…when meat is restricted. So of course they were eating less meat than normal.
- Paleo is NOT dogmatic. There are no carb police, no calorie police, and no bread police. The people I work with I work to support, NOT to police. If you fall off the wagon or, heck, if you just want a cookie, no one is going to swoop down and take away your “healthy living” badge. It’s important to understand what the cookie does to your body but only so that you can make an informed decision, not so that you feel guilty.
If you’re still on the fence about trying a Paleo diet or thinking “maybe tomorrow”, tell me, what is your health worth to you? Not today, not tomorrow, but years from now. Would loosing your health cost you time with loved ones? Your goals? Your confidence? Your health radiates into every part of your life and fuels how much support you can give, how much strength you can give, and how far you can go. If I’m telling you that you can do this, that it’s possible to fit in your schedule, and that it’s about learning, not about adhering 100% of the time, wouldn’t you say it’s time to change your life?
After you’ve gone through my video series, if you still have questions, please send them to me below or find me on Facebook and Twitter.
All the best!